AWS Accelerate Bootcamp
Length of the Course
06:30 pm BST 01:30 pm EDT
Wagora, a community dedicated to advancing women and underrepresented genders working or aspiring to work in tech, is excited to partner with Cloudreach to empower the next generation of cloud talent through our AWS Accelerate bootcamp.
In this part-time bootcamp sponsored by Cloudreach, you will learn the basics of cloud computing and be equipped with a base knowledge that you can build upon to pursue a career in this very in-demand field. This course is designed to develop both your knowledge and hands-on skills to make the first steps towards a role within the cloud industry. We will cover both technical and professional development topics.
The course curriculum and subsequent study will support you in earning an industry-recognised certification from AWS: AWS Cloud Practitioner. The certification’s cost ($100) will be fully covered!
- Introduction to Public Cloud and AWS
- AWS Architecture
- AWS Services
- Building on AWS
- Overview of roles in Cloud industry
- Building your CV
- Finding your first job
- Interview preparation
What is the format?
- 1x 1.5h session a week, over the course of nine weeks
- After each session, you will be given take-home exercises to further your skills
- The lessons are a combination of lectures, follow-along exercises, Q&As and discussions
- You can connect with the instructor and other members of your bootcamp on our dedicated Discord channel
- This course is aimed at those considering a career change to a technical role – you could already be working in the tech industry in a different role. If you are already working in a technical role and looking to get into cloud, you are welcome to apply but preference will be given to those in non-technical positions
- No technical background is necessary but a willingness to get hands-on with support is required
- Identifying as a woman or other underrepresented gender
What are the next steps?
- There are only 15 places available, and once applications are closed on 27th February, they will be reviewed. We endeavour to get back to you by 1st March
- Should you meet the eligibility requirements, your motivation shown on the application form will be our main criteria to assign the 15 places available. Priority will be given to those who do not have technical experience, and are looking to get into a technical role
Lauren Tate is a Cloud Architect at Cloudreach where she designs and builds cloud solutions for enterprise customers. Having worked with public cloud for a number of years she is passionate about sharing the first steps in industry with others.
Belen Ripoll works at Cloudreach as their Global Partnerships Business Manager, and is the Founder of Wagora. At Cloudreach, she previously led their Talent Acquisition team, scaling both their technical and non-technical teams across the globe.