Cyber-Security 101 Bootcamp
Length of the Course
06:30 pm BST 01:30 pm EDT
In the Cyber-Security 101 Bootcamp (part-time) you’ll learn about the exciting world of InfoSec and will be equipped with a base knowledge that you can build upon to pursue a career in this very in-demand field. Our Ambassador Joani Green, Senior Incident Response Consultant, and Eliza Bolton, Trainee Associate Security Consultant at F-Secure Corporation, will be the instructors. The bootcamp will cover:
- Types of InfoSec jobs
- Offensive & Defensive Security
- The cyber-kill chain
- Key definitions
- The ground rules
Hands on practicals:
- Setting up a learning lab
- Networking 101
- Linux 101
- Windows 101
- Web Applications 101
- Infrastructure 101
- Lets hack things, An intro to Capture The Flag challenges
- Hacking is cool, but how do we defend?
- Intro to Digital Forensics
- Useful blogs, websites and YouTube channels
- Training options
- Recommended reading list
What is the format?
- 2h interactive lesson a week, over the course of six weeks, delivered virtually
- After each interactive lesson, you will be given take-home tasks to improve your skills. The idea is to learn what the best approach is to self-study.
- The lessons are a combination of lectures, follow-along exercises, Q&As and discussions
- You can connect with a coach on Discord. If there’s anything that blocks you from progressing, you can raise the questions here
What do you need?
- The determination and willingness to learn! You don’t need any previous experience in tech roles
- To partake in all the practicals, you’ll need a good internet connection
- A computer with at least 8GB of RAM (16GB+ will make your life easier) and at least 500GBs of hard drive space
- You’ll need to join our Discord channel where you’ll be given instructions on what to download before every lesson
What are the next steps?
- Academy courses are only open to our community members. If you are not a member, you can sign up for free here http://wagora.io/sign-up/ . Your membership will be reviewed and accepted within 48h
- Once you are a member of the community you can apply to join this course! Applications close on the 18th December – you will hear back from us the week of the 21st December
- There are only 20 places available and everyone is welcome to apply. Due to COVID-19, we will be giving preference to those who are currently unemployed
Should you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org