Introduction to Kubernetes Workshop
06:00 pm BST 01:00 pm EDT
This workshop is now full. However, please go ahead and still register – we will add you to the waiting list and be in touch. We are working to get more spots open!
Wagora and 10x Future Technologies are partnering to bring you this cutting-edge and hands-on workshop!
Kubernetes is probably the most dominant technology of the last ten years, being used in roles across the tech industry from Infrastructure Engineers to Developers to Security.
Understanding why Kubernetes is so important to modern tech, and starting to interact with it, will give you a valuable point of reference for how the industry works, and how programming skills are becoming transferable to more roles outside pure development.
Who can attend?
- This workshop is aimed both at people right at the start of a hands-on tech career, as well as those with experience in the industry
- We recommend you’ve gone through a beginners’ hands-on programming course in any popular language so that you have worked with structured code before
What is the format?
This is a 2.5h interactive workshop. You will be working through a series of short exercises in groups of 3 or 4 (let us know at the start of the session if you are registering with a friend and want to work together). You will have access to the workbook and be able to follow at your own pace if preferred.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Run a free, temporary Kubernetes test cluster in the cloud
- Explain what makes Kubernetes important
- Explain what Kubernetes pods, deployments and services do
- Configure a multi-tiered application and deploy it to Kubernetes
- Experiment with different types of failure and observe your application
You will be exposed to these concepts:
- Infrastructure as Code
You will have the opportunity to discuss problems and ideas with other participants, and to ask questions to instructors who work with Kubernetes and other technologies on a daily basis.
Peter and Ali work in the Platform Engineering team at 10x Future Technologies, which works chiefly with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform and Go. They have both spent many years designing and working hands-on with a variety of large-scale systems built with open-source software.
10x Future Technologies
10x Future Technologies is transforming banking by leading a revolution with their next-generation cloud-native technology platform 10x SuperCore™. At the heart of everything they do are their three values – Transformation, Integrity and Impact, and they are committed to promoting diversity and creating an inclusive culture.